Transcript of the description for South Perrott from Hunt & Co.'s Directory of Dorsetshire, Hampshire, & Wiltshire 1851

SOUTH PERROTT, a village 6 miles N. from Beaminster and 3 S.E. from Crewkerne. The church (St. Mary) is an ancient edifice constructed in the Gothic style, and the living is a rectory. The parish comprises 1451 acres, and the population, in 1841, was 379.

Wills Rev. John, B.A. (rector)
Brice John, farmer
Cleal John, 'Coach and Horses'
Cleal Samuel, tailor
Curtis Wm. 'Bakers' Arms' & frmr.
Daw Ellis, carpenter
Daw Philip, carpenter, &c.
Elstone Benjamin, blacksmith
Hull Thomas, tailor
Kerslake Joseph, harness maker
Larcombe William, dairyman
Little John, farmer
Meech John, farmer
Meech Robert, butcher
Perry Francis, cooper
Read Charles, farmer
Read Elizabeth, (Mrs.) farmer
Studley Thomas, dairyman
Tagnoi James, dairyman
Warren Thomas, tailor
Wildern Henry, boot, &c. maker
Wildern Job, grocery, &c. dealer