Transcript of the description for Shapwick from Hunt & Co.'s Directory of Dorsetshire, Hampshire, & Wiltshire 1851

SHAPWICK, a village 5 miles N.W. from Wimborne and 5 S.E. from Blandford. The Church (St. Bartholomew) is a plain building with a short square tower; living a vicarage. The parish comprises 3125 acres and had in 1841, 437 inhabitants. Post Office, at Percival Pike's Letters arrive at 10 a.m. and are despatched at 4 p.m.

Scott Rev. William
Ball John, shoemaker
Bartlett Samuel, farmer
Corbin Ann (Mrs) farmer
Davis George, grocery, &c. dealer
Feltham Benjamin B. blacksmith
Guy William, blacksmith
Harvey John, farmer, Hemsworth
Joyce Israel J. C. miller & farmer, White mill
Martin Thomas, farmer
Pike Charles, blacksmith
Pike Percival, 'Anchor'
Pike Phineas, butcher
Randall John, dairyman
Small Martin, farmer
Smart John, dairyman
Young William, farmer