Transcript of the description for Pulham from Hunt & Co.'s Directory of Dorsetshire, Hampshire, & Wiltshire 1851
PULHAM or East Pulham, a village 5½ miles N.E. from Cerne, it has a small neat church built in the Gothic style, the living of which is a rectory. The parish comprises 2,320 acres and had in 1841, a population of 180.
Hinds Rev. John Thomas (rector)
Barter Jno. farmer
Drake Joshua, farmer
Foot Samuel, 'New Inn'
Goddard James, 'King's Stag', & blacksmith
Hunt William, farmer
Kingsbury John, farmer
Ricks George, farmer
Rideout, Ann, grocer, &c.
Rideout William, boot and shoemaker
Strange John, farmer