Transcript of the description for Pimperne from Hunt & Co.'s Directory of Dorsetshire, Hampshire, & Wiltshire 1851

PIMPERNE, a village, 2¼ miles N.E. from Blandford. The Church (St. Mary), exhibits portions of the Norman style of architecture, the living is a rectory; here is a Wesleyan Chapel and a Parochial School. The parish comprises 4510 acres and contained in 1841, 545 inhabitants.

Ewart Rev. Wm. ( rector)
Ainsworth Steph. boot & shoemaker
Barnett Edward, boot, &c. maker
Bishop Edward, beer retailer
Blandford Samuel, carpenter, &c.
Dennett Dennis, farmer
Hill Thomas, farmer
Matthews John, farmer
Miles Wm. road contractor
Percy William, training groom
Pike Peter, wheelwright
Pike Phineas, carpenter
Pike William, carpenter
Tapper John, grocer & baker
Tapper Wm. miller
Tucker John, blacksmith
West Stephen, bricklayer