Transcript of the description for Pillesdon from Hunt & Co.'s Directory of Dorsetshire, Hampshire, & Wiltshire 1851
PILSDON, or Pillesdon, a village 5 miles W. from Beaminster. The church has recently been almost entirely rebuilt. Living a rectory. In 1841 the parish contained 99 persons.
Honyban Joseph, dairyman
Hussey Robert, farmer
Lane James, parish clerk
Lane Jas. Bowerman, grocer, &c.
Welch Daniel, carpenter & blacksmith