Transcript of the description for Pentridge from Hunt & Co.'s Directory of Dorsetshire, Hampshire, & Wiltshire 1851
PENTRIDGE, a village 3½ miles N.W. from Cranborne. The church (St. Rumbald) is a plain structure, the living of which is a rectory. The parish comprises 1,760 acres, and had in 1841, 244 inhabitants.
Campbell Rev. Duncan
Hayter Tom John, 'Woodyates Inn'
Herrington Wm. farmer and grocer
Meat Nathaniel, blacksmith
Scott James, farmer