Transcript of the description for Okeford Fitzpaine from Hunt & Co.'s Directory of Dorsetshire, Hampshire, & Wiltshire 1851

OKEFORD FITZPAINE, a village 4 miles E. from Sturminster, and 9 N.W. from Blandford. The church (St. Michael), is an ancient structure which has recently been repaired and embellished. Here is a Wesleyan chapel, and a parochial school supported by the rector. The parish comprises 2,600 acres, and had in 1841, a population of 675.

Furnell Thomas, esq
Furnell William, esq
Hunter Rev. Geo. Rivers, (rector)
Andrews Robert, farmer
Bright William, baker
Crew John, miller
Crew Thomas, blacksmith
Cross Thomas, beer retailer
Hallett John, farmer
Hunt John, farmer
Lambert Thomas, butcher
Marshalsay Charles, farmer
Parish School, Wright Thomas, master
Phillips Edward, farmer
Phillips Jno, farmer
Phillips Joseph, grocery dealer
Phillips Mary (Mrs.) farmer
Pope George, baker
Pope John, cooper
Ridout Richmond, miller
Ridout Robert, 'Royal Oak'
Ridout Thomas, 'New Inn'
Roberts Wm. farmer
Stone Wm. farmer, Piddleford
Strange Edward, boot & shoemaker
Trowbridge Charles, parish clerk
Trowbridge Richard, bricklayer
Wareham, Jas. grocery dealer
Witteridge William, farmer