Transcript of the description for North Wootton from Hunt & Co.'s Directory of Dorsetshire, Hampshire, & Wiltshire 1851
NORTH WOOTTON, a village 2 miles E.S.E. from Sherborne. The living is a perpetual curacy in the gift of the Earl of Digby, who is lord of the manor. The parish contained in 1841, 84 inhabitants.
Collis Charles, farmer
Notley Wm. beer retailer
Trowbridge Thomas, farmer