Transcript of the description for North Poorton from Hunt & Co.'s Directory of Dorsetshire, Hampshire, & Wiltshire 1851

NORTH POORTON, a small village 4 miles S.E. from Beaminster, and 5 N.E. from Bridport. The church (St. Peter), is an olden structure of Gothic architecture, the living being a rectory. The parish comprises 658 acres, and in 1841, a population of 112.

Downe William, farmer
Gale Job, grocery, &c. dealer
Gill Mary, dairy keeper
Legg John, farmer
Sims David, farmer