Transcript of the description for Moreton from Hunt & Co.'s Directory of Dorsetshire, Hampshire, & Wiltshire 1851

MORETON, a village 7 miles S.E. from Dorchester. The Church, a beautiful building and which has lately been embellished, both within and without by the patron and the rector stands in the park of James Frampton, esq. About l½ miles from the village is Moreton Station, upon the line of the Dorchester and Southampton railway. The parish comprises about 2350 acres and had in 1841, 294 inhabitants.

Frampton Jas. esq. Moreton house
Frampton Rev. William Charlton, M.A. (rector)
Brown Wm. 'Frampton Arms' & coal merchant.-Flys & posthorses for hire
Forrs Joseph, farmer
Parochial School, Dyke Susan, mistress
Parmiter Edward, farmer
Pike Cornelius, grocery dealer
Scutt William, farmer
Swaffield John, bailiff