Transcript of the description for Milborne St Andrew from Hunt & Co.'s Directory of Dorsetshire, Hampshire, & Wiltshire 1851

MILBORNE ST. ANDREW, a village 8 miles S.W. from Blandford and the like distance N.E. from Dorchester, its Church (St. Andrew) is an olden edifice in the early English style, the living of which is a vicarage. This was the birth-place of Cardinal Morton, Archbishop of Canterbury. temp. Henry VII. The parish contained in 1841, 287 inhabitants. Post Office, at Henry Case's Letters arrive at 8 a.m. and are despatched at 6 p.m.

Hadley Rev. George, (vicar)
Warne Mr. Charles
Besent Wm. miller & farmer
Biles Anthony, wheelwright, &c.
Biles Ann, (Mrs.) farmer
Biles Benjamin, farmer
Billett Isaac, gardener & seedsman
Billett William, farmer
Bishop James, grocery, &c. dealer
Bridle John, 'Cardinal's Cap'
Case Henry, linen draper, &c.
Connock John, 'Crown Inn'
Cutler Charles, stonemason
Cutler William, stonemason
Davis George, saddler and rope maker
Gover George, grocer
Lane Hezekiah, tailor
Molton Thomas, blacksmith
Parsons Charles, baker
Phillips Chas. boot & shoemaker
Savery Eli, boot & shoemaker
Simmonds William, farmer
Smith John, grocery, &c. dealer
Snow Reuben, 'Royal Oak'
Standfield John, farmer
Syms Thomas, butcher & grocer