Transcript of the description for Melbury Osmond from Hunt & Co.'s Directory of Dorsetshire, Hampshire, & Wiltshire 1851

MELBURY OSMOND, a village 6 miles S. from Yeovil, and 9 N.E. from Beaminster. The church (St. Osmond), is an ancient building surmounted with a tower. Living, a rectory annexed to that of Melbury Sampford, The parish comprises 1,150 acres, and had in 1841, 404 inhabitants.

Cave Miss Edith
Matthews Rev. John Jenkins, Rectory
Bollan Thomas, parish clerk
Cave Wm. farmer and maltster
Childs William, carpenter
Crocker James, dairyman
Free School, Guppy Joseph, master
Harris John, dairyman
Hill William, stonemason
Oliver John, farmer
Palmer Mrs. Hannah, baker, &c.
Squibb George, farmer
Swaffield John G. miller and baker
Swaffield Thomas, farmer
Watts Thomas, farmer