Transcript of the description for Mapperton from Hunt & Co.'s Directory of Dorsetshire, Hampshire, & Wiltshire 1851
MAPPERTON, or South Mapperton, is a village 2 miles S.E. from Beaminster. The church (All Saints) exhibits various styles of architecture; the living is a rectory. This parish comprises 804 acres, and had in 1841, 94 inhabitants.
Aitchison Capt. Robt.
Compton Rev. Paulet M. M.A. Rectory
Maber John, dairyman
Sprake Wm. & Stephen Baker, farmers
Whittle William, farmer