Transcript of the description for Long Crichel from Hunt & Co.'s Directory of Dorsetshire, Hampshire, & Wiltshire 1851

LONG CRITCHELL, a village 5 miles S.W. from Cranborne and 6½ N.E. Blandford. The church (St. Mary's) has lately been repaired and improved. Living a rectory annexed to that of Moore Critchell. The parish comprises 2310 acres, and had in 1841 a population of 120. Post Office, at George Butler's. Letters come at 11 a.m. and are despatched at 2 30 p.m.

King Rev. Moss (rector)
Butler Geo. 'Thickthorn Inn' & farmer
Beamont Sarah, (Mrs.) grocer
Kail Charles, farmer
Loader James, grocery, &c. dealer
Moody Aaron, farmer
Rossiter James, farmer