Transcript of the description for Long Burton from Hunt & Co.'s Directory of Dorsetshire, Hampshire, & Wiltshire 1851

LONGBURTON, a village 3 miles S.E.S. from Sherborne, on the high road between that town and Dorchester. The church is dedicated to St. James; the living of which is a vicarage. This parish contained in 1841, 386 inhabitants. Post Office, at John Perrott's. Letters are received every morning and despatched every evening.

Brett Mr. Robert
Cozens Rev.Robert, B.A. Vicarage
Way Mr. John
Blackmore George, dairyman
Bow James, boot & shoemaker
Collis Henry & Jedediah, blacksmiths
Curtis George, blacksmith
Down John, farmer
Dyer Mary, grocery, &c. dealer
Jesty John, grocery. &c. dealer
Keats Jane, beer retailer
Laver John, farmer
Perris Wm. 'Rose & Crown'
Perrott George, parish clerk
Perrott John, stonemason
Sampson John Sidney, farmer, Little Burton
Sampson Joseph & David, farmers
Small Peter, stonemason
Small Thomas, carpenter
Tulk Thomas, shoemaker
Whebby James, carpenter
Whittle Abel, farmer