Transcript of the description for Lillington from Hunt & Co.'s Directory of Dorsetshire, Hampshire, & Wiltshire 1851

LILLINGTON, a village, 3 miles S. from Sherborne. The Church is dedicated to St. Martin, and the living is a rectory. The parish with Leweston, contained in 1841, 191 inhabitants.

Gordon Robert, esq. Lewestone house
James Rev. Thomas, (rector)
Bartlett William, farmer
Chapman John, farmer
Conway Isaac, farmer
Dunford John, farmer
Hann William, farmer, Stockbridge
Harris Wm. farmer, Leweston
Lanning Isaac, farmer, Stockbridge
Mitchell James, parish clerk
Sherring George, farmer
Sponge Chas. gardener, Leweston
Trowbridge Samuel, carpenter, Leweston