Transcript of the description for West Knighton from Hunt & Co.'s Directory of Dorsetshire, Hampshire, & Wiltshire 1851

KNIGHTON, or West Knighton, a small village, 3½ miles S.E. from Dorchester. The Church is dedicated to St. Peter, and the living, a rectory, is annexed to Broadmayne. The parish comprises about 2000 acres, and the population in 1841 was 268.

Boyt Joelah, brewer & maltster
Cozens John, miller, Lewell mill
Groves Levi, farmer & maltster
Flower George, farmer Lewell farm
Sherren James, farmer
Voss Geo. blacksmith & beer retailer
Watling Edward, grocery dealer
White George, dairyman, Fryer Mayne