Transcript of the description for Kington Magna from Hunt & Co.'s Directory of Dorsetshire, Hampshire, & Wiltshire 1851

KINGTON MAGNA, a village, 7 miles W. from Shaftesbury and 6 S.E. from Wincanton. The Church is a small and antique structure, the living of which is a rectory. The parish comprises 1910 acres, and had in 1841 a population of 616.

Dugdale Rev. John, M.A. (rector)
Baker William, farmer, Nyland
Case Abadiah, farmer
Courtney, John, farmer, Nyland
Cox Mary, (Mrs.) grocer, &c.
Day Robert & Emanuel, farmers, Nyland
Hayter George, grocer, &c.
Hayter Robert, boot & shoemaker
Hayter Wm. farmer, Nyland
Hillyer John, farmer
Hunt Jeremiah, farmer
Jennings James, farmer
Lanning George, boys school
Lanning Job, pig dealer
Lanning Job, beer retailer
Lovell Charles, farmer, Nyland
Lovell Thomas, dealer in cattle
Mead John, tailor and grocery dealer
Newman George, farmer, Nyland
Parsons Uriah, farmer
Rabbits William, farmer
Raymond William, farmer
Roberts Thomas, farmer