Transcript of the description for Hinton Martell from Hunt & Co.'s Directory of Dorsetshire, Hampshire, & Wiltshire 1851
HINTON-MARTELL, a village 4 miles N.W. from Wareham; it has an ancient church and there is a National school, The parish comprises 1500 acres, and had a population of 290, in 1841. Post Office, at Thomas Young's. Letters arrive at 9 a.m. and are despatched at 5 p.m.
Glyn Sir Richard Plumtree, bart. Gaunts
Hanham Rev. Phelips, Rectory
Friend Robert, farmer
Kail Isaac, carpenter
National School, Reekes Ann, mistress
Young Thomas, grocer