Transcript of the description for Haydon from Hunt & Co.'s Directory of Dorsetshire, Hampshire, & Wiltshire 1851
HAYDON, a village 2 miles E. from Sherborne and 2½ from Milborne Port. The church is dedicated to St. Catherine, and the living is a discharged vicarage a peculiar of the Dean of Salisbury, patron Earl Digby who is also Lord of the manor. The parish comprises about 660 acres, and had in 1841 a population of 116.
Thompson James, dairyman
Warren Isaac, parish clerk
Woolmington John, farmer