Transcript of the description for Hampreston from Hunt & Co.'s Directory of Dorsetshire, Hampshire, & Wiltshire 1851

HAMPRESTON, a village about 3 miles S.E. from Wimborne and 6 N.E. from Poole. The church (All Saints) is an ancient edifice the living of which is a rectory. There is a chapel for Wesleyans and a handsome new one for Independents; at Long Ham is a National school and there is a Roman Catholic nunnery at Little Canford. The parish comprises 5231 acres and had in 1841, a population of 1193. Post Office, Little Canford, at John Ware's. Letters come at 7 a.m. and are despatched at 7 p.m.

Barnes Mrs, Little Canford
Baxter Rev. Arthur Geo. Rectory
Biddle Waring, esq. Langham
Brown Mr. Joseph, Long Ham
Haley Mr. Nathaniel, Long Ham
Knott Mr. William, Little Canford
LeCras Alexander Jones, esq. Middle hill
Mansell - esq. Uddings house
Saumarez Captain Richard
Bartlett John, grocer & draper, Long Ham
Beale James, hop and seed merchant, Leigh house
Brown Elizabeth, farmer
Calver Sarah, schoolmistress, Long Ham
Carlton Stephen, farmer & maltster, Long Ham
Cherritt Jas. blacksmith, Long Ham
Dowding William, 'Angel' Long Ham
Fleet Elizth. Star bank cottage
Froud Nathaniel, grocery dealer, Long Ham
Frond Richard, builder, do.
Head John, farmer, do.
Head Peter, farmer, do.
Larcomb Solomon, pig dealer, Long Ham
Lockyer Thomas Wm. farmer
Miller Hester, grocery dealer, Long Ham
Miller Mary & Sarah, mistresses of National School
Morgan Robert, brickmaker
Osman Jas. shoemaker
Panzera Anthony, prof. of languages
Seymour Seth, farmer, Little Moors
Sims George, baker, Long Ham
Stickland Elizabeth, 'Fox and Hounds' Little Canford
Welch Chas. blacksmith, Long Ham
White John, 'White Hart' ditto
White William, tailor, ditto