Transcript of the description for Gussage St Michael from Hunt & Co.'s Directory of Dorsetshire, Hampshire, & Wiltshire 1851

GUSSAGE ST. Michael, a village 7 miles N.E. from Blandford. The church is ancient, it has a square tower. Living a rectory, patron Lord Portman. The parish comprises about 2745 acres, and had in 1841 a population of 288.

Dewdney Rev. George (rector)
Foot John, farmer
Ford Henry, farmer
Fry Robert, blacksmith
Good George, farmer, Manor farm
Wallsbridge James, farmer
Waterland Geo. grocery, &c. dealer