Transcript of the description for Gussage All Saints from Hunt & Co.'s Directory of Dorsetshire, Hampshire, & Wiltshire 1851
GUSSAGE, ALL Saints, a village about 4 miles W.S.W. from Cranborne. The church (All Saints) is built in the early English style, the living of which is a vicarage. The parish comprises about 3000 acres, and had in 1841, a population of 390. Post Office, at James Carpenter's. Letters arrive at 9 30 a.m. and are despatched at 4 15 p.m.
Folliott Mr. William Henry
Burtt Samuel, farmer
Carpenter George, grocer, &c.
Carpenter James, tailor
Coffin John, grocery, &c. dealer
Cole Richard, farmer, Knowlton
Darcombe Maria, National school, mistress
Dove Job, farmer
Foot Eli, farmer
Friend John, farmer
King Henry, blacksmith
King Henry, carrier & grocer
Pike Charles, carpenter and grocer
Pothecary Matthew, farmer
CARRIER to Blandford, Hen. King, on sat. to Poole, on thurs. to Salisbury on sat.