Transcript of the description for Fifehead Magdalen from Hunt & Co.'s Directory of Dorsetshire, Hampshire, & Wiltshire 1851

FIFEHEAD MAGDALENE, a village about 6 miles S.W. from Shaftesbury. The church (St. Mary Magdalene) is a small but neat edifice and has lately been repaired and improved. Living an endowed vicarage. The parish comprises about 1000 acres and had in 1841 a population of 229.

Hunt Rev. Joseph, (rector)
Daw Thomas, miller
Dimmer George, farmer
Griffin John, farmer
Gulliford Walter, parish clerk
Honeyfield William, farmer
Meaden Edward, farmer
Sanford Richard, farmer
Silverthorn Chas. farmer
White Sarah, ladies, school