Transcript of the description for Edmondsham from Hunt & Co.'s Directory of Dorsetshire, Hampshire, & Wiltshire 1851

EDMONDSHAM, a village, 1 mile S.E. from Cranborne. The living is a rectory. There is a free school for children of both sexes. The parish comprises 2720 acres, and the population in 1841 was 298.

Monro Mrs. Henrietta Louisa
Sturt Rev. Napier (rector)
Bundy Sarah, mistress of National School
Davis John, farmer
Humby Joseph, miller
Polson William, wheelwright
Ryan Job, farmer
West Richard, grocer, &c.