Transcript of the description for East Stoke from Hunt & Co.'s Directory of Dorsetshire, Hampshire, & Wiltshire 1851

EAST STOKE, a village, on the river Frome, 4 miles S.W. from Wareham. It has a neat modern church, the living of which is a rectory. The parish comprises 5800 acres, and the population in 1841 was 590.

Fox Rev. Charles
Hinde Capt. Wm. Jacob, Hethfelton
Morant George, esq. Holme
Bennett Stephen, farmer
Cobb Samuel, grocery, &c. dealer
Davies Wm. farmer, Binnegar farm
Dorey Thomas, carpenter, Holme
Fooks Henry, farmer, Belhuish
Fooks William, farmer, Holme
Garratt Robert, blacksmith, Holme bridge
Hopkins William, farmer
Jarvis Jas. farmer, Woolbridge
Marsh Robt. shoemaker, Binnegar
Pitt William, farmer
Rawlings Joseph, farmer, West Holme
Strange Robert, 'Black Dog'
Vincent James, shoemaker, Binnegar