Transcript of the description for East Orchard from Hunt & Co.'s Directory of Dorsetshire, Hampshire, & Wiltshire 1851

EAST ORCHARD, a village and chapelry 5 miles N.E. from Sturminster, and 4½ S.W. from Shaftesbury. It has a small church in the Norman style of architecture; the living is a curacy united with that of Iwerne Minster, this village contained in 1841 201 inhabitants.

Bennett Mr. John Light
Bastable George Thos. farmer
Bennett William, farmer
George John, farmer
Gulliver Lemuel, farmer
Hiscock Edward, stonemason
Hunt Harry, farmer
Matcham Jane, blacksmith
Mitchell Thomas, farmer
Mockridge Richard, shoemaker & parish clerk
Pople John, farmer
Shute George, farmer
Tapper William, farmer
Tucker William, farmer