Transcript of the description for East Lulworth from Hunt & Co.'s Directory of Dorsetshire, Hampshire, & Wiltshire 1851
EAST LULWORTH, a village, 6 miles W. of Corfe Castle, and 5¼ S.W. from Wareham, here is the magnificent seat of Joseph Weld, esq. with its beautiful park and grounds. The Church has a nave and chancel, with a square embattled tower. The interior has several monuments to the Weld family; there is also a Roman Catholic Chapel and two public schools. The parish (in which many relics of antiquity have been found) comprises 2800 acres belonging to J. Weld, esq. and who is also lord of the manor. The population in 1841 was 392. Post Office, at Joseph Davis's. Letters arrive at 9 a.m. and are despatched at 4 30 p.m.
Weld Joseph, esq. Lulworth castle
Cooke Rev. Isaac Urban (vicar)
Atkins Joseph, farmer
Barnes William, farmer
Brand Henry, baker
Clarke Thomas, bailiff to Joseph, Weld, esq.
Cole Thos. grocer and ironmonger
Davis Joseph, 'Weld Arms'
Dorey Robert, farmer
Hyde John, steward to Joseph Weld, esq.
Penny Charles, shoemaker
Rolls Henry, shoemaker
Seymer Robert, grocery &c. dealer
Slade Barnard, tailor