Transcript of the description for Chaldon Herring from Hunt & Co.'s Directory of Dorsetshire, Hampshire, & Wiltshire 1851

EAST CHALDRON, alias Chaldron Herring, a village 9½ miles W.S.W. from Wareham and 11 N.E. from Weymouth. The living is a vicarage, patron, Joseph Weld, esq. of Lulworth castle. The parish comprises about 3000 acres, and had in 1841 a population of 285.

Bascombe Jas. farmer & miller
Burden Robert, grocery dealer
Burt George, shoemaker
Dowden, Samuel, farmer
Hartnell James, carpenter
Hartnell Thomas, grocery dealer
Parmiter George, farmer
Parmiter James, farmer
Richards Geo. farmer, West Chaldron
Sturmey Edward, blacksmith