Transcript of the description for Durweston from Hunt & Co.'s Directory of Dorsetshire, Hampshire, & Wiltshire 1851

DURWESTON, a village on the river Stour, 3 miles N.W. from Blandford. The Church (St. Nicholas) is a neat structure, having a square embattled tower, the living is a rectory, united with that of Bryanston. In 1841 the parish contained 468 inhabitants. Post-office at John Kearley's. Letters arrive at 6 a.m., and are despatched at 7 30 p.m.

Osborne Rev. T. (rector)
Burt Richard, farmer
Gifford Samuel, farmer
Godwin Henry, brewer & maltster
Harding George, farmer
Kearly Samuel, schoolmaster
Rapson Joseph, butcher & grocer
Russell James, carpenter