Transcript of the description for Over Compton from Hunt & Co.'s Directory of Dorsetshire, Hampshire, & Wiltshire 1851

COMPTON-OVER, a village, 3½ miles W.N.W. from Sherborne, and 3 N.E. from Yeovil. The living is annexed to that of Compton-Nether. The parish contained in 1841, 151 inhabitants.

Goodden John, esq. Compton house
Andrews Henry, farmer
Corry Robert, farmer
Lemon James, farmer
Studley John, miller
Trood John, farmer