Transcript of the description for Coombe Keynes from Hunt & Co.'s Directory of Dorsetshire, Hampshire, & Wiltshire 1851
COMBE KEYNES, a village 6 miles W.S.W. from Wareham. The church is ancient and consists of a nave and chancel with a square tower. Living a vicarage united with the chapelry of Wool. Here are the romantic ruins of Binden Abbey, formerly a monastery of Carthusian monks. The parish comprises about 2000 acres, and had in 1841 a population of 135.
Buddon Francis, farmer
Marsh Richard, grocery dealer
White Richard, farmer