Transcript of the description for Church Knowle from Hunt & Co.'s Directory of Dorsetshire, Hampshire, & Wiltshire 1851

CHURCH KNOWLE, a village 1 mile S.W. from Corfe Castle. The church is built in the early English style and consists of a nave and chancel and a square tower. The living is a rectory, patron Colonel Mansell, who is also lord of the manor. The parish, with the hamlets of Creech and Bradle, comprises about 2500 acres, and had in 1841, 463 inhabitants.

Whittle Rev. Charles, (curate)
Baker Moses, 'New Inn' & farmer
Besant Charles, miller & farmer
Bishop John, farmer
Burden John, shoemaker
Burden Sarah, grocery dealer
Ford Thomas, farmer
Hyde Robert, parish clerk
Loyd Jas. carpenter & wheelwright
Millidge William, farmer
Moss Joseph, shoemaker
National School, Hebb John, master
Rix Thomas, farmer
Snook John, blacksmith
Tuck Mary Ann, farmer
Vincent James, farmer
Voss William, farmer