Transcript of the description for Chettle from Hunt & Co.'s Directory of Dorsetshire, Hampshire, & Wiltshire 1851
CHETTLE, a village 6½ miles N. from Blandford. The church is an antique structure having a square tower, the living is a rectory, patron the lord of the manor. The parish comprises 1510 acres, and the population was 122 in 1841.
Blanchard James, farmer
Dominy Samuel, grocer, &c.
Rogers Robert, farmer & maltster
Sims Harry, baker and grocer