Transcript of the description for Cheselborne from Hunt & Co.'s Directory of Dorsetshire, Hampshire, & Wiltshire 1851

CHESELBOURNE, a village about 9 miles S.W. from Blandford, it has a church in the Gothic style, the living of which is a rectory, patron Lord Rivers. The parish comprises 2580 acres, and had in 1841, 347 inhabitants.

Birch Rev. Thomas Wickham, B.A. (rector)
Baker Esau, farmer
Bussell Charles, stonemason
Caines James, farmer
Davis Charles, farmer
Davis John, farmer
Decker Samuel, carpenter
Hall John, blacksmith
Hillier Henry, boot & shoemaker
Kingsbury James, butcher
Kingbury John, farmer
Miles Joseph, shoemaker, &c.
Mullett Joseph, carpenter
Riggs Levi, farmer
Riggs Samuel, parish clerk
Shepard Mary, grocery, &c. dealer
Tett George, farmer & miller