Transcript of the description for Chalbury from Hunt & Co.'s Directory of Dorsetshire, Hampshire, & Wiltshire 1851

CHALBURY, a village, 5 miles N.N.E. from Wimborne; the church, an ancient edifice, stands on a gentle acclivity, the living is a rectory, patron the Earl of Pembroke. The parish comprises 1344 acres, and had in 1841, 152 inhabitants

Harrington Rev. James Moffatt, A.M. (rector), The Hill
Butler William, carpenter and wheelwright
Feltham Mary, grocery, &c. dealer
Newman Charles, miller
Newman William, farmer
Porter Jno. G. farmer, Didlington