Transcript of the description for Catherston Lewston from Hunt & Co.'s Directory of Dorsetshire, Hampshire, & Wiltshire 1851
CATHERSTON LEWSTON, is a small village about 3 miles N.E. from Lyme Regis, and on the E. of the river Char. The living is a discharged rectory. The parish comprises about 240 acres, and had in 1841 a population of 36.
Hildyard Mrs. & Miss, Manor house
Hildyard Rev. Richard, M.A.
Chead William, blacksmith
Harris Robt. farmer
Tucker William, dairyman