Transcript of the description for Burlestone from Hunt & Co.'s Directory of Dorsetshire, Hampshire, & Wiltshire 1851

BURLESTONE, a village about 6 miles N.E. from Dorchester, and its church is a small square structure, the living is a rectory attached to that of Athelhampston or Admiston where there is a chapel of ease to the mother church. The parish comprises 750 acres, and had in 1841 a population of 135.

Greenly Rev. John P. M.A., (rector)
Wood George James, esq. Admiston hall
Bishop Joseph, parish clerk
Crocker John, dairyman
National School, Simmonds Martha, mistress
Neale & Duke, farmers
Payne John, farmer, Admiston