Transcript of the description for Bryanstone from Hunt & Co.'s Directory of Dorsetshire, Hampshire, & Wiltshire 1851
BRYANSTON, a small village 1½ mile W.N.W. from Blandford. The church is dedicated to St. Martin; the living with Durweston annexed is in the patronage of Lord Portman who is lord of the manor. The parish comprises 1870 acres, and had in 1841 a Population of 144.
Portman Right Hon. Lord, Bryanston house