Transcript of the description for Bradpole from Hunt & Co.'s Directory of Dorsetshire, Hampshire, & Wiltshire 1851

BRADPOLE, a village 1½ miles N.E. from Bridport and 5 S. from Beaminster. The church is dedicated to the Holy Trinity, and the living is a discharged vicarage in the patronage of the Lord Chancellor. The inhabitants of Bradpole anciently buried at Bridport, but by an agreement made in 1527, between the patrons and incumbents of the two parishes, the former were allowed to consecrate a churchyard and bury at Bradpole on granting to the rector of Bridport the tithe of a piece of land called Shetewell. The vicar of Bradpole being allowed a dinner of beans and bacon with the rector of Bridport annually on Midsummer day. The parish comprises about 1000 acres, and had in 1841, 1245 inhabitants.

Bishop Mrs, Edmund
Broadley Rev. Alex. M.A. (vicar)
Carter Miss Maria
Greives Thomas, Esq.
Legg Mrs. Jane
Prout William, Esq.
Snaydon Mrs. Susan
Wakeley Mrs. Charlotte
Barratt John, painter and glazier
Bishop Job, farmer
Chappel Susan, beer retailer
Chard George, carpenter
Churchill John, dairyman
Cleal John, cowkeeper
Gibbs George 'King's Head' and carpenter
Gibbs Joseph, farmer and mason
Gibbs William, jun. stonemason
Hile Jessie, baker
Hile Robert, farmer and grocer
Hoare William, boot & shoemaker
Miller George, farmer
Mondon John, tailor
Scaddon Moses, earthenware dealer
Seymour Richard, farmer
Ward Thos. and Samuel, masons
Ward Thomas, brick and draining pipe maker
Wade William, farmer
Way William, farmer
Whetham Caroline, milliner and dressmaker