Transcript of the description for Bradford Peverell from Hunt & Co.'s Directory of Dorsetshire, Hampshire, & Wiltshire 1851
BRADFORD-PEVERELL, a village situated on the river Frome 3 miles N.W. from Dorchester. An entirely new church has lately been erected here chiefly at the expence of Nathaniel Hastings Middleton, Esq. lord of the manor, the living is a rectory. Here is also a parochial school supported by voluntary contributions. The parish comprises 2700 acres, and in 1841 contained 355 inhabitants.
Devenish Mrs. William
Flower Mr. Geo. Quatrebras cott.
Williams, Rev. Henry Blackstone (curate)
Barrett Peter, carpenter
Barrett Thomas, blacksmith and parish clerk
Cox Unni, farmer, Muckleford
Cox Bernard, farmer
Davis James, farmer
Greening Ann, ladies' school
Gregory William, poulterer
Groves Levi, farmer, Muckleford
Hawker John, grocer, &c. Muckleford
Pope Francis, farmer
Salisbury Wm. boot & shoe maker
Symes, Isaac, farmer
Thornhill William, land steward
Woodcock Thos. Richard, miller
Woodland Wm. Tapp, grocer, &c.