Transcript of the description for Bloxworth from Hunt & Co.'s Directory of Dorsetshire, Hampshire, & Wiltshire 1851

BLOXWORTH, or Blocksworth, a village about 6 miles N.N.W from Wareham. The church, a small structure, consists of a nave and chancel with a square tower; the living is a rectory and peculiar of the Dean of Salisbury. In the neighbourhood are vestiges of a Danish fort. The parish comprises 2800 acres, and had in 1841 a population of 306.

Cambridge Rev. Geo. Pickard
Chatterton, Sir William, Bart.
Anstey Robert, farmer
Bartlett Henry, blacksmith
Henville Walter, carpenter
Mayo George, farmer
Manuel Joseph, farmer
Russell William, grocer, &c.