Transcript of the description for Blandford St Mary from Hunt & Co.'s Directory of Dorsetshire, Hampshire, & Wiltshire 1851
BLANDFORD St. Mary, a village half a mile S. from Blandford Forum, on the opposite side of the river Stour, over which there is a bridge. The church is dedicated to St. Mary, and the living is a rectory. This was the birth-place of Dr. Brown Willis the celebrated antiquary. The parish comprises 420 acres, and in 1841 had a population of 419. Post Office, at Sarah Kails. Letters are delivered at 7 a.m. and despatched at 6 30 p.m.
Mansfield Rev. Joseph, (rector)
Ryves Capt. George F. R.N.
Amey Thomas, carpenter
Barfoot James, painter
Blanchard Thos. painter, &c.
Brine Robert, cooper
Cross Harriet, 'New Inn'
Etheridge Philip, grocer & baker
Gillard James, boot & shoemaker
Hector John, & Co. brewers & spirit merchants
Knight Caroline, mistress of National school
Norris George, chair maker
Nutbeem William, farmer
Rickman Robert, farmer and auctioneer
Skivington William, music seller
Smith Francis, watch and clock maker
Steel John, nurseryman
Watts George, wheelwright
Williams Joseph, farmer