Transcript of the description for West Chelborough from Kelly's Directory of Dorset, 1889

West Chelborough is a parish and small village, 6 miles north-east from Beaminster and 8 south from Yeovil, and 4 from Evershot station on the Great Western railway, in the Western division of the county, hundred of Tollerford, Beaminster petty sessional division and union, Yeovil county court district, rural deanery of Bridport Beaminster portion, archdeaconry of Dorset and diocese of Salisbury.