Transcript of the description for Symondsbury from Kelly's Directory of Dorset, 1889

Symondsbury is a parish and pleasant village, 1½ miles west-north-west from Bridport, beautifully situated amidst three lofty hills, in the Western division of the county, Bridport union, county court district and petty sessional division, hundred of Whitchurch Canonicorum, rural deanery of Bridport Lyme portion, archdeaconry of Dorset and diocese of Salisbury.