Transcript of the description for Powerstock from Kelly's Directory of Dorset, 1889

Powerstock (or Poorstock) is a parish, having a station on the Bridport branch of the Great Western railway, 4 miles north-east from Bridport and 6 south-east from Beaminster, partly in the Western division of the county, hundred of Eggardon, but chiefly in the liberty of Powerstock, Beaminster union, Bridport petty sessional division and county court district, rural deanery of Bridport, archdeaconry of Dorset and diocese of Salisbury. West Milton is a hamlet in this parish.