Transcript of the description for Mosterton from Kelly's Directory of Dorset, 1889

Mosterton is a village and parish, formerly a chapelry of South Perrott, 3 miles north from Beaminster, and 2½ south from Crewkerne railway station on the London and South Western railway, situate on the Somersetshire border and on the Axe, in the Western division of the county, Beaminster hundred, union and petty sessional division, county court district of Crewkerne, rural deanery of Bridport Beaminster portion, archdeaconry of Dorset and diocese of Salisbury.