Transcript of the description for Mapperton from Kelly's Directory of Dorset, 1889

Mapperton is a parish, 2 miles south-by-east from Beaminster, 5 north-east from Bridport railway station, and 5 north-west from Toller station, both on the Great Western railway, in the Western division of the county, hundred of Beaminster Forum, Bridport petty sessional division and county court district, Beaminster union, and in the rural deanery of Bridport Beaminster portion, archdeaconry of Dorset and diocese of Salisbury.