Transcript of the description for Frome Vauchurch from Kelly's Directory of Dorset, 1889

Frome Vauchurch is a parish and agricultural village, situated on the south bank of the river Frome, three quarters of a mile south from Maiden Newton station on the Great Western railway, and 8 miles north-west from Dorchester, in the Western division of the county, Tollerford hundred, Dorchester petty sessional division, union and county court district, rural deanery of Dorchester, archdeaconry of Dorset and diocese of Salisbury.