Transcript of the description for Charminster from Kelly's Directory of Dorset, 1889

Charminster is a parish and scattered village, situated on the Sherborne road and at the confluence of the rivers Cerne and Frome, 2 miles north-by-west from Dorchester, in the Southern division of the county, hundred of St. George, Dorchester union, petty sessional division and county court district, rural deanery of Dorchester, archdeaconry of Dorset and diocese of Salisbury.